So weighed myself as usual this am. The scale has not budged, I am still at +1 pd 3 days after cheat day.
So....definitely will take a different approach to cheat day this coming weekend. I happened to have looked at Jorge Cruises' book Belly Fat Cure (another trend just like this one) but the thing that stuck with me was the GI and the insulin response..so whilst "a cheating I will go" on Sat, I will look to keep the sugars under 15 grams for the day..we'll see what that brings. Can still eat bread (those without sugar like sourdough) and cheese (no sugar versions) and chocolate (the full cocoa versions 70% and up) so I should be ok....this is all about hacking right...I mostly miss (crave) BREAD above all others so thats what I'll focus on.
Also I guess that means good-bye to my yummy protein bars..f**ck.
Oh well, it was too good to be true. To do my workout, as intense as they are, eat essentially 1100 calories and still hang on to that pound is frustrating as hell. Given I've done the Dr. Bernstein diet before this (yeah I know) I also know that you cant stay in ketosis if you introduce a protein bar- you wont gain weight but you wont lose any either..there is the whole debate that the weight lost last week (the first week) is all water...so it'll be interesting to see what happens towards the end of this one and onto week three.
I;m also going to shut down the diet rootbeer..(A&W Rootbear you are my nemesis!) one of those things can throw u off..I know Tim drinks two diet cokes but he's also sub 20% bodyfat and his muscle mass burns more than my fat ass can do.
There is the issue of constipation also- I havent been doing well in that department with all the meat and protein, gotta do better with water and greens.
Will post food later...gonna keep it super-duper clean today.
13 years ago
I should add that its +1 pound but I'm still down 1.5 from original weight.
ReplyDelete