Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 23..a chat with the trainer..

Ok, today is good again..Im onto something here...

2 eggs, 2 sprouted grain toasts 0/2
protein bar for lunch 5/2
pork tenderloin, fauxtatoes (white kidney beans mashed ) 1/1
almond breeze, chocolate unsweetened 0/0

trying not to weigh myself every day which seems to allay frustration- so I will weigh myself once a week, friday or sat. - as long as I feel good and not bloated I know I'm headed in the right direction.

So my trainer and I had one of our "discussions" today (read: arguments) which centered around the fact that the difference between people who are fit and those who arent is that people are generally "lazy". I took offense to that term, and I said it had more to do with "commitment". I dont think that someone who doesnt follow a nutritional plan is lazy per se, but I do think that its about making a commitment. My "AHA" moment was when we were talkiing and I said":I need to take my health and fitness plan as seriously as I take my job- and dedicate the same amount of "perseverance" to it as I do to my work. If I wont settle for second best in work- why would I settle for less than in my own quest for my best personal health? Treat yourself as #1. Dont accept people saying that "you are obsessed, youre vain, you are fine the way you are"...because thats not about YOU, thats about THEM. I am going to focus my energy on this one element- treat yourself as you would your VERY BEST CLIENT (in my terms thats how I can relate). Go out of your way for YOU. YOU deserve it.

I cannot help but think that feeling happy and less stressed is doing something to aid my weight loss. It could be a complete crock but at this point I think its possible. We'll see how it pans out on the scale fri/sat.

No comments:

Post a Comment