Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 50..two steps forward...two steps back..its like a dance I swear

So yesterday (Wed) was not a great food day...or workout day..

I had an all day meeting that lasted till 630, and just didnt have the desire to workout afterwards. I had brought my stuff to the gym but really had no desire to go once I spent the day in a room crunching numbers etc.
So food was also off (blame the g-d food in a hotel conference room!!) rather more likely- I have no self-control:

2 eggs toast
cheeseburger and salad for lunch (cheese and mushrooms on the burger...oh god)
3 (yes 3) cookies in the afternoon - small ones but still
chicken breast and bulgur salad for dinner
3 sugar-free cookies

when days like yesterday happen I start to wonder:
1) do I really have NO willpower at all
2) do I have a sugar addiction that knows no bounds
3) do I need to just give myself a break....

Well heres the thing- when I look at my food diary, I cant seem to stay on the "straight" and narrow for more than a few days at a time. And I figure that has more to do with WHY I eat rather that WHAT i eat.
Food has to stop being comfort to me. GIven my history with Anxiety, I know thats a tough one to beat. Taking anxiety meds helps but then blunts all my responses, and I dont think that I would have energy for workouts....I feel a little lost, admittedly. Maybe its time to do the full gamut of blood tests to see what the hell is going on...maybe there is something to this that I'm not getting, cause right now I feel like I am climbing a hill that leads to nowhere.

Workout today - hurray! yeeeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment